And it’s (almost!) a wrap on season two of the Athens Community Farm. We doubled our growing space, continued our weekly distributions, delivered even more veggies through our community shares program and oh yeah, grew a ton of amazing food, even with a month long drought. Come join the farm team on Saturday November 5 from 10 AM – 1 PM to celebrate a successful season and put our beds to rest for the winter. They’ll be food, drinks and a lot of goat compost. We’ll even have the screenprinting supplies out if you want to make your own community farm merch!
Also – if you haven’t yet, take a look at our Winter CSA Fundraiser. We’re raising money to continue bringing fresh produce to Athens residents this winter through the Black Horse Farm CSA. The goal is to raise enough for 5 full shares for the Athens Pantry and Rivertown Senior Apts by Nov 5. Donate or spread the word if you can!
Saturday, November 5
10 AM – 1 PM
Athens Community Farm
39 Third Street, Athens NY (right behind the Athens Volunteer Fire Dept.)
Goals for the day
- Celebrate our second season growing together
- Harvest any veggies still in the beds
- Clear beds + prep for winter
- DIY screenprinting!
What to bring
- Gloves (see above re: compost)
- Something to print on – t-shirts, totes, bandanas, towels, etc..
- Harvest tools/basket to take home veggies
- We’ll have hot cider, feel free to bring your own cup to save on paper